Here are some tips for taking ideal silhouette photos:
1. Squat down to eye level and make sure you aren't able to see your subject's other eye or cheek.
2. Please take the photo in good lighting with the flash turned off.
3. Subject should be relaxed with hair styled as usual, however silhouette's look best with long hair pulled back or up to expose the neck. I unfortunately cannot accommodate requests to "composite" a silhouette using multiple photos (i.e. profile from one and hair from another) or "create" a hairstyle that is not shown in the photo.
4. The entire head and neck should be visible and not cropped.
5. If photographing a young squirmy subject, try taking their picture while they're watching TV or asleep on their side.
See examples and more tips on this page!